If you’re confused on all the options for finding the best cordless vacuum for pet hair, you’ve come to the right place as I’ve compiled the best cordless vacuums for dealing with our fluffy friends in 2022! Having a dog of my own, a Jack Russell Pomeranian mix, I have my fair share of hair ending up everywhere.
Their hair somehow gets everywhere: in your clothes, on the carpet, on your shoes and even in the darkest corners of your home you would have never thought of.
With nonstop lockdowns and COVID restrictions, our pets have never left our side in helping us cope with the current situation. While they may be our best friends, some of them shed an unbelievable amount of love, aka. hair/fur.
What’s even more important is if you’re working from home all day – having pet hair/dander is not great for those who are sensitive to pet hair. For those who are prone to allergies or asthma, it is highly recommended you vacuum on a frequent basis to deal with potential issues that may arise.
- Best Overall: BLACK+DECKER Powerseries Extreme Cordless Stick Vacuum
- Best for Pet Allergies: Hoover ONEPWR Evolve Pet Cordless
- Best Handheld Only Vacuum: Bissell Pet Hair Eraser
- Best Cleaning Efficiency: Dyson v8 Animal
- Best Robust Vacuum to Reach any Spot: Shark Rocket Pet Pro Multiflex
- Best Cleaning any Surface: Samsung Jet 75 Complete Cordless Stick
- Best Bang for Buck: Tineco A10 Hero
Affordability, with a 2-in-1 design, decent suction, and useful included tools are the selling points of the BLACK+DECKER Powerseries Extreme Cordless Stick Vacuum. As a result, this vacuum is rather popular and common throughout many households.
The vacuum is able to swap between an upright stick vacuum and handheld vacuum effortlessly on the fly, making it useful for both small and large homes.
For the included tools, it includes a crevice tool and dusting brush for vacuuming corners/edges/gaps, and a pet hair tool to really remove dirt and debris caused by pets.
Despite all the useful features, the Powerseries Extreme Cordless vacuum has a relatively low runtime when on higher settings meant for carpet. In addition, many reviews reported that the dustbin was susceptible to falling off if there were any impacts to the vacuum due to aggressive vacuuming.
The runtime can easily be mitigated if you own other Powerseries products as the batteries are interchangeable.
- Can convert from handheld to stick effortlessly; great for homes of all sizes
- Included tools make it robust: corners, edges, gaps, and specialized pet hairs
- Battery is common throughout Black+Decker power tools; easily swappable
- Battery life on high suction settings meant for carpets is rather poor
- Dustbin is somewhat loose and sensitive to falling if impacted
- Carpet Runtime: 25 mins
- Tile Runtime: 55 mins
- Weight: 10.75 lbs
- Dimensions: 45.5 x 10.75 x 8 inches
Product Page: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WD6S4QR
If you’re looking for a straightforward vacuum with a suction to deal with all the pet hairs in your home, the ONEPWR Evolve Pet Cordless is the perfect solution for you.
With a reasonable price tag, bag-less and swappable battery (i.e. battery isn’t built-in to the vacuum) features, it’s ready without much hassle out of the box. The ONEPWR Evolve Pet comes with two batteries which is great if you want back-to-back action; just swap one out when it runs out of power. If you have another ONEPWR product, you can utilize its batteries as well.
The vacuum has many reported reviews as a popular favorite of dealing with all types of pet hairs and other related debris.
On the flipside, the vacuum is relatively on the bulkier side making it hard to maneuver in certain situations, like under tight spaces and against corners. Due to the vacuum being not robust, vacuuming stairs will be cumbersome for many depending on the layout of your home.
- Great on both tiles and carpet
- Swappable batteries for uninterrupted vacuuming
- Great continuous runtime (with the 2 included batteries)
- Simple to use and assemble out of the box
- Not robust; against certain wall edges or tight spaces is awkward
- Stairs experience is cumbersome
- Carpet Runtime: 12 mins
- Tile Runtime: 31 mins
- Weight: 8.2 lbs
- Dimensions: 44 x 11 x 9.5 inches
Product Page: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08749DHG1
Great for Handheld-Only Users
Bissell Pet Hair Eraser
If you’re looking for a small, lightweight, handheld-only alternative to many of the options available, the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser is a good choice.
Despite its tiny size, it excels at picking up pair hair and other pet dander. Included are different nozzles depending on what kind of surface you’re vacuuming. The soft nozzle is great for upholstery, fabrics and bedding. The hard nozzle is better for solid surfaces and flooring.
Having a runtime of about 20 minutes may seem short, but the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser beats out its competition of similar size such as the Black+Decker Flex Vacuum or the Shark UltraCyclone Pet Pro.
Finally one of the noticeable downsides is the short cord at 16 inches, making it difficult for maneuverability if you are considering using it plugged in.
- Lightweight, compact
- Efficient at removing pet hair
- Great Value
- Small cord
- Awkward for tight spaces and small gaps/corners
- Runtime: 20 minutes
- Weight: 3 lbs
- Dimensions: 10 x 8 x 5 inches
Product Page: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CB6RBSP
The Dyson v8 Animal is a great option for those looking for the most maximum power with portability. By turning on its highest setting, you’ll be able to vacuum any pet dander with relative ease. Even better – this can be done with the complete vacuum or as a handheld for those tight spaces.
Like other Dyson vacuum cleaners, it includes the rack station that you can install in your own home, making it very neat to store and recharge when not in use.
While the v8 Animal is relatively pricey, it is much more affordable than its newer counterparts like the v11. The newer versions have such marginal improvements it doesn’t make sense to purchase them with their higher costs.
Finally, the standard suction lasts a respectable 40 minutes but the vacuum takes a very long time to recharge as a downside.
- Can be converted to a handheld with relative ease
- MAX setting is very powerful for all floor types
- Vacuum rack/station is a great addition for neatly charging and storage
- Affordable vs. other similar versions (like the v11)
- Pricier side
- Long time to recharge
- Build quality seems flimsy for a Dyson product
- Standard Suction Runtime: 40 minutes
- MAX Setting Runtime: 10 minutes
- Weight: 5.64 lbs
- Dimensions: 49 x 8.8 x 9.8 inches
Product Page: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XG7WKKL
If you’re looking for a premium option that is extremely versatile for cleaning non-floor areas of your home, the Shark Rocket Pet Pro Multiflex is an excellent choice.
With its flex feature, the Rocket Pet Pro can reach virtually anywhere pet hair can accumulate. Included are also crevice and pet multi-tools ensuring that any type of environment is reachable with this vacuum.
Its handheld function is also great although you won’t be able to use the flex feature given how small the handheld mode is.
A neat feature of the vacuum is its freestanding ability as it allows the vacuum to stand on its own without needing to lean on a wall or a wall mount. This however can be a negative to those who prefer wall storage tools or having an upright vacuum from the get-go. You will need to fold over the Pet Pro.
- Affordable for a premium pet vacuum
- Very powerful at picking up pet hair from all types
- Very robust with all its features (flex feature, crevice and pet multi-tool)
- Small dustbin capacity
- No wall storage tool or the ability to stand upright on its own without utilizing its freestanding ability
- A little loud
- Carpet Runtime: 13 minutes
- Tile Runtime: 21 minutes
- Weight: 7.17 lbs
- Dimensions: 46.1 x 7.1 x 10.2 inches
Product Page: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088C6VTKY
If your main focus is having the top-of-the-line vacuum that excels in nearly all categories, then the Samsung Jet 75 Complete is a no brainer. The downside? The relatively high price tag with an even bigger price tag when you include the Clean Station bundle.
Despite Dyson becoming a premium household name, Samsung’s Jet 75 rivals many of their models, and beats them as well, with a premium vacuum that stands above all else.
The Jet 75 excels at both cleaning carpets and hard floors, and can last up to 60 minutes easily. While the vacuum isn’t exactly advertised for pets, its overall power can deal with pet dander and other messes more difficult to deal with.
“You get what you pay for” is a great phrase here – an excellent vacuum at a premium price. Including the Clean Station base makes cleaning very easy but without it, cleaning is rather different compared to other vacuums. You will need to remove the dirt bin first then push/twist the bin afterwards. This could be rather messy for some as the dustbin could be covered in dust.
- Nearly tops out in all rankings for the important things (cleaning carpet, runtime, suction)
- Premium feel
- Tons of accessories for every situation
- Extremely expensive
- Cannot stand on its own
- Cleaning is awkward if you don’t purchase the Clean Station base
- Runtime: up to 60 minutes
- Weight: 6.1 lbs
- Dimensions: 44.75 x 8.5 x 9.88 inches
Product Page: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087V67QC8
The Tineco has a premium feel and look and comes with all the features of a premium vacuum without being outrageously expensive. Better yet – its suction power is as powerful as its premium counterparts!
It looks very similar to the Dyson v8 mentioned above in this post and also includes other useful tools such as a high-torque power brush, mini brush, 2-in-1 dusting brush, hair cleaning tools, and crevice tool.
In addition, it also includes LED lights, which the Dyson v8 does not have, that is useful for illuminating darker places in crevices where you may be vacuuming.
The noticeable downside is the runtime on max power settings as it lasts a measly 7 minutes. This vacuum is great for quick, short bursts of cleaning rather than long, extended durations.
- Includes features that premium vacuums have without premium price (HEPA filtration, LED lights, robust and lightweight)
- Above average cleaning heavier carpets
- Runtime very poor on max mode
- Small dustbin capacity (0.4 L)
- Eco Runtime: 24 minutes
- Max Power Runtime: 7 minutes
- Weight: 5 lbs
- Dimensions: 43.3 x 11.4 x 8.3 inches
Product Page: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C5MXJMX
The best cordless vacuum for pet hair in 2022 is definitely the BLACK+DECKER Powerseries Extreme Cordless Stick Vacuum. While many other cordless vacuums listed on this list had great additional features, the Powerseries vacuum has all the bare essentials in addition to the robustness you need in tackling pet hair all over your home.
As someone who has recently moved to a new home with my dog, the Powerseries is a lifesaver when it comes to maneuvering all the things I have all around my home!
Finally, as a fully remote and work from home professional, a vacuum is more important than ever as I’m constantly sharing my living space with my dog. Having a fresh, clean environment is very important as I often host friends/guests over and the risk of pet allergies tremendously increases as they bring their own pets which invite more hair and outside contaminants.
Looking for new ideas while working at home? I have curated posts to help you optimize your work from home life including the best laptops for those who are working at home and other key must-have essentials as well!